Thursday, January 28, 2010

South Beach Diet & Sleepover



These first two pictures: my gourmet chef "EL 'Jay" and his most wonderful omelets; and they even cause you to lose weight. We are now in our 4th week on the South Beach diet and Les has lost close to 10 lb and I'm trailing with a mere 7 lb. but with all the walking we're doing this week here at the lake, I'm sure to have caught up when we arrive home.
I can say that I have improved on my walking since our last visit to the lake when I would huff and puff as we went up and down the hills. We measured the distance today and found that we are walking 1.6 miles so that's a good thing. So far the weather has been such that we can get out. Tonight we are suppose to get up to 6 inches of snow.

Last weekend Paul and Amy went on their parenting retreat to Chicago, so we were blessed to have Ellie and Grace spend the night. We had a sleepover with Jenny, Isaac and Levi joining us as Dan was on a weekend retreat with his high school group up by Green Bay, WI.
So we were doubly blessed.

The girls and I had fun scrapbooking. Ellie and Grace loved using all the fun punches to make hearts, squares, frogs, butterflies, flowers and circles. Ellie got a few of her pictures in her album, then on to the computer games. They love playing the Mickey and Pooh games with finding letters and matching colors, etc. Ellie and I played memory and we tied that game.

Isaac and Levi had fun playing with the girls. They would have loved to join Ellie and Grace sleeping in the sun room on the cots, but Jenny and I didn't think that would work out long term. They all had fun jumping on the cots, running circles around the house, and playing with the puzzles and reading books. Amy thinks I staged the picture of Grace since Grace is holding the book upside down. What's that about? Humm! Levi loved playing with all the little cars and trucks and motorcycles. Isaac's learning to dress himself now so is becoming a big boy.

Jenny was able to get some much needed rest, too, while the boys were napping. No big trip to Kohl's this time, but no 30% off coupon either!

Anyway, we really did enjoy our time with Jenny and the grandkids. Thanks for the memories.

No pictures on this yet, but we started stripping wall paper in the entry way and had a new front door installed. We still have the trim to be placed around the door and the new storm door installed. Then when we get home I need to clean the glue off the walls so Les can paint the entryway. An interesting thing happened in the middle of all this. I got a phone call from Amy asking if she could borrow my steamer for removing wallpaper. By the way, how's it going, Amy?

1 comment: