Thursday, January 28, 2010

The Oven's on Fire!



Tomorrow's our last day at the lake. Les put the old storm door from home on the basement outside door, so that will be nice this summer. We will be able to leave the door open to get some fresh air. Here you see Les with his almost finished project.

Tonight I was fixing dinner and turned the oven on, checking to see that there was nothing in the oven and preparing our fish to go in the oven. Les was out gathering fire wood to make a nice fire in the fire place when I turned around and saw flames coming out of the oven. I opened the oven to find a pot holder full of flames. I ran to the door and yelled at Les, "There's a fire in the oven." So to the rescue he came, and thank goodness, in a flash the flames were extinguished. Thanks, Les. You're my hero!!!

Oh, the last pictures you see, Les caught me on camera, blogging. This set up we have with the two chairs by the window, just wasn't working for me, so I set out to find a solution to the problem. So there you have it. It really is comfy!

1 comment:

  1. Whoa... that's crazy Mom. I thought you said you checked the oven first. Glad everything turned out okay and Fire Marshal Dad came to the rescue.

    ReplyDelete