Tuesday, May 10, 2011

MOTHER'S DAY, MAY 8TH, 2011




MOTHER'S DAY, MAY 8TH, 2011



We had a wonderful Mother's Day and were blessed to have all our


immediate family with us. Paul and Amy were our gracious hosts and had yummy beef sandwiches for everyone with everyone contributing a dish to eat.



Isaac and Levi were all excited about seeing the goats and chickens at Uncle Paul and Aunt Amy's. Jay didn't want to get near the goats. They had fun with the Easter egg hunt. The older boys, Caleb, Seth and (John) hid eggs in the front yard, while Paul , I and the little ones hid



eggs in the back yard for the older boys. Paul and Amy will probably be finding hidden eggs in their yard all summer. We also got to celebrate Grace's birthday with the family and sing Happy Birthday.



Grandma Marian had gotten all of the moms flowers again this year, but I forgot to get pictures til later that night, so I got one of Jenny and I with our baskets. We'll have to get one of Amy and Carrie. I didn't get any pictures of Caleb and Noah either and not a picture of all the grandkids with me. I am really slipping.



Les sang us the Mother's Day song which some of the young mothers aren't familiar with. Here are the words for those of you who don't know them.



MOTHER



M is for the million things she gave me



O means only that she's growing old



T is for the tears she shed to save me



H is for her heart of purest gold



E is for her eyes with love light shining



R means right and right she'll always be.



Put them all together



they spell Mother



A word that means



the world to me.

PS Can anyone tell me why this is leaving all the spaces between lines? When I try to fix it, it won't remove the spaces.

No comments:

Post a Comment