Sunday, November 28, 2010

Elise's Dedication - 11-21-10

Elise was dedicated to the Lord on November 21, 2010 at Village Church of Gurnee! The dress Elise is wearing was given to her mom, Jenny, by Grandma Marian, for Jenny's baptism, in 1976.



Jesus blesses the little children. Mark 10:13-16 People were bringing little children to Jesus to have him touch them, but the disciples rebuked them. When Jesus saw this, he was indignant. He said to them, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. I tell you the truth, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it." And he took the children in his arms, put his hands on them and blessed them.
We were blessed to join Jenny and Dan, along with Paul and Amy and their family, for Elise's dedication. Pastor Todd from Village Church talked on the passage above - Jesus sees children as a blessing. Jesus was eager to receive children, but his disciples tried to shoo them away.

Pastor Todd shared:


"What Kids need from Grown Ups!"
1) Focused Attention
"Let the children come to me." Jesus wasn't too busy to provide for children.
Apply this to our lives - Make time for your children and grandchildren! This is something I
want to make sure I prioritize in my life as I love to be with our family.
2) Affectionate Touch
Jesus took the children in his arms. I love to get hugs and want to do the same for my children and grandchildren.
3) Words of Affirmation and Prayer
Jesus blessed them!


How to Pray for Our Children

Every day of the Week

Sunday - Salvation for your children

Monday - Minding

Tuesday - Teachers

Wednesday - Weaknesses

Thursday - Thoughts and Attitudes

Friday - Friends

Saturday - Strengths


What Grown Ups need from Kids


Blessed are the LITTLE! To enter the door of heaven, every one of us must make ourselves small. Children show us the way to have a child-like faith. Mark 10: 14-15



WOW! I've realized since having children, and even more so, grandchildren, how much they do teach us. I just love the excitement and enthusiasm they have for life!!! For example, watching a squirrel in our back yard eating nuts, or seeing the sun rise, or hearing an airplane up in the sky and pointing at it. Or seeing our older grandchildren give of themselves so freely helping others (making up shoe box kits for needy children or helping with distributing food to the needy).



This helps me to realize that I need to enjoy the journey and smell the roses along the way and always have an attitude of gratitude. What a blessing little children are to us. I am looking forward to all the things little Elise will teach us about life, as have each of our other nine grandchildren.

No comments:

Post a Comment